Community transportation is a network of traditional and non-traditional providers of transportation services to the public. What sets community transportation apart from regular public transportation is the support from human services, business entities, and the community at large, who recognize transit systems cannot meet all the needs of all the people who need transportation.
Through cooperation and collaboration, communities are coming together to fill gaps and create new means for people to travel using a variety of vehicles and relationships. To become part of the solution to our transportation needs, Join Now.
This website is a resource for CTANW Members and the transportation community at large. To contribute items for the calendar, resources page, or to have your photos or organizations posted here, please email us at email@example.com.
To receive the CTANW Digest and our other email announcements, click here.
CTANW 2014 Training Survey
In the coming year, CTANW will provide trainings to provide and promote educational opportunities that improve transportation for special needs individuals. We are conducting a survey to help identify the areas of focus for the trainings.
Please take a few minutes to complete the survey (only 16 questions) and help improve community transportation in Washington State.
To participate, please click go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KRS3KJN
CTANW Hiring Half-Time Executive Director
The Community Transportation Association of the Northwest is pleased to announce an opening for a half-time executive director. The focus of the position will be direct representation of the CTANW membership and management of the organization’s activities in support of transportation options across Washington. Individuals with a passion for transportation and the work of nonprofit organizations are encouraged to apply.
Volunteer Driver Manual
The CTANW has updated the Washington State Volunteer Drivers Guide. This current version of the Guide is located here:
Enter Your Agency's Areas of Expertise in the New Peer-to-Peer Database.
CTANW Digest- March 18th, 2014 - In this issue:
- CTANW Membership Meeting Draft Minutes, March 13, 2014
- CTANW Survey Of Training Needs
- DOT Announces $24.9 Million Available For More Zero-Emission Buses
- OSPI Emergency Response Systems Grant & Specifications
- Hazard Communication Global Harmonized System (GHS)
- WSTTC Training
- Functional Assessment Service Teams (FAST)
- NTI Transit Trainers Workshop & Other Trainings
- Emergency Preparedness Conference
- EMD Washington State
- ADA Issues & Resolutions Workshop – April 27-29
- FEMA Think Tank
- Voices for Public Transit
- Safe Kids Booster Seat Status Report
- United We Ride
- Transportation Choices – March Calendar
- National Resource Center for Human Service Transportation Coordination – Calendar
- Links for Articles of Interest & Transportation Resources
- Human Services Council – Human Service Providers
- PBS Report on Ways Cities Can Help People Age Well
- FTA News & Information
- National Rural Transit Assistance Program (RTAP)
- Area Agency on Aging Contact Information
- Easter Seals Project Action
- National Center on Senior Transportation E-News
- FAST Mail
- Streamlining the Government Procurement Process
- FirstNet in Washington State
- Governor Inslee’s Aging Summit Report
- Introducing the Govloop Library
- Washington State Transportation Commission Meetings
- Employment Opportunities
||120 State Avenue NE, #303 • Olympia, WA 98501 • 360-867-8847 •